Please visit us at www.AForestFrolic.com. That would make me smile ear to ear :)

Friday, August 29, 2008

Fun & Fast Notes

I stayed up late last night trying to prepare for our families annual SCRAPFEST! It starts today, yippee! What's that you ask? What in the world is Scrapfest? Well...it's like the funnest weekend in the world! My husbands' aunt and cousins (and their familes) fly cross country to visit from California, my mother (Mimi) drives up from the south, and my mother-in-law (Oma) & I spend the whole Labor Day Weekend at my sister-in-law's (otherwise known as Sis) house SCRAPBOOKING! Can't get much better than that. We all put together little goodies for each other, Oma always puts together "prizes" and we do little contests like scrapbook bingo, etc. My sis is the best hostess ever and always takes great care of us! And of course, we love to have our Mimi here for four whole days instead of the typical two.

This year I am going to do a little Stampin' Up! demo since I'm a newbie to the whole thing. I put together these simple little cards from the "Fun & Fast Notes" stamp collection, so the ladies could play around with the new pastels.

And here is a little sample I did of the birthday wishes stamp...

What do you think? This stamp set is a necessity in my book. These make it easy to just put a quick little note together and run it to the mailbox in a moments notice...or for an "oooops I forgot my child has ANOTHER birthday party to go to" card, hehe!

Oh, one more thing...I wanted to show off the adorable card that my little girls made for me for my birthday...

Like mother, like daughter! They also love the paper flowers, hehe. And you can tell my husband had his input with the orange & yellow (his two favorite colors).

Well, I'll keep ya posted on my Scrapfest adventure...I can't wait!

1 comment:

Frannie said...

Love the blog Jam!!! Your cards have always been beautiful, can't wait to see more with your new goodies!!!!! (This is Frannie, by the way!) I will have to send you my Michael and Madeleine blog too!