Please visit us at www.AForestFrolic.com. That would make me smile ear to ear :)

Friday, April 10, 2009

Our forest frolic & some new friends along the way

We were taking an evening stroll through the beautiful forest...


...when we came upon this cute little chick, who happens to be BFF's with the Easter bunny. 'Did you know the Easter bunny is coming Sunday?' he asked.



'Of course we do!' my girls exclaimed. But all I wanted to know was, what a fuzzy little Chickie was doing in a darkening forest...it would be getting chilly soon!

She said she had been sent my the sweetest lady, Tristan, to wish us a happy Easter of course. And she told my girls to be good so Mr. Easter, himself would pay them a visit and off she went.

Then as we were strolling along, we came across these hoof prints! What could they be, what could they be...we had to know. Something tells me they are deer tracks and we must follow them and see where it leads us...


Although we never found the deer that left them, we know those tracks were meant to lead us to the coolest Elfin around these parts! The world does work in mysterious ways, doesn't it?

Her name's Brownie McMillan, and she said she was sent by the nicest, most talented artist of all her time, Vanessa! Ms. V, as we call her, is a Fanciful lady who creates the most interesting & full-of-life creations. Brownie says you should definitely hop (get it, tee hee) on over to her shop and see for yourself. And if you're in the neighborhood for creating some Easter egg lovelies this weekend, you should click here for her printable egg holders, they are gorgeous!


Oh my Brownie, what is that? Why is a little secret Gnome home! Go on, see what's in there...



Oooo, ahhhh...isn't that the cutest little creation you've seen? And it even says 'sincere and kind,' so I'm sure whoever made it, errr...I mean, lives there is the loveliest, most kind person ever. Why it's Jes...and she says come on in and stay a while!


And aren't we glad we did, because this is what we found out on the balcony...


The most wonderful birdy in the most beautiful color...we'll call him 'Shine,' tee hee. And yes, in Gnome land, the birds nests are all bright whimsical colors too...Shine happens to love pink, isn't that lovely?

Now it's time for us to venture home, it's getting late and we have so much more to do to finish up the new studio. I'm so glad you came along with us on our forest adventure!

I hope each and every one of you has a great Easter filled with fun egg hunts, bright & glittery eggs and lots o' chocolate bunnies ;-)

Jaime

P.S. Thanks to my lovely lady friends for all of the wonderful treasures in this post! You definitely made my weekend and I am so grateful to have pals like you.

16 comments:

Melanie @ Whimsical Creations said...

I adore her work! Her blog is soooo fun!!

Anonymous said...

Adorable story!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Oh, I loved the forest frolic! Precious! Jes is the best, I have to agree! I am trying to get her to move closer so we can craft and home school our kids together!:) Lori

mysteryhistorymom said...

Jamie- I am having a giveaway, Sweetie! Stop by before Sunday! Lori

Sara said...

How cute was that??!?!? Thanks for the easter entertainment!!

Anonymous said...

Hey sweet girl!
This was the cutest, loveliest, funnest (is that proper English?....yes, I homeschool. tehee), most imaginative and fanciful post EVER! I just knew you'd give that home the BEST home. :) And I know *shine* has found her new nest. :)
Love ya, girl!

Tristan said...

so cute! I love the pics!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Such a lovely Easter post! Loved it!! Happy Easter to your whole family!!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

PS I'd like to snag that super cool graphic you have at the bottom of your page. Is that ok?? The one that says to keep going.

Amy said...

That was a wonderful story with great pictures. I hope you and your family have a great Easter.

www.AForestFrolic.typepad.com said...

Sure thing Queenie, I actually snagged it myself from http://justsomethingimade.com
Really cute crafy site, check it out if you get a chance!

Jamie :-)

Meaghan said...

LOVE THIS!

said...

What a charming post. Happy Easter Jamie! :o)

nikkicrumpet said...

What beautiful gifts...and what a fun way to post about them! I hope you and your family have a very lovely Easter indeed!

Tabitha Blue said...

That is too cute. Loved the story, how fun! We've definitely been having a good, egg hunt filled, chocolate eating Easter weekend. Glad you have been too!!

:)
~Tabitha~

freshmommyblog.com

Custard Shoppe said...

I love it!!!
thanks for visiting us, i want that gnome!