Please visit us at www.AForestFrolic.com. That would make me smile ear to ear :)

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Carnival Soiree & some Fabulous things

As most of you know, I'm always ready for a party & one has been much needed in my world lately!  So I'm taking a second to give BIG hugs & a shout out to Lisa over at Faerie Enchantment for hosting a lovely, Carnival themed bloggy soiree.

It was ANOTHER snow day for my girls, so they spent a good part of the day creating things and coming up with ideas to participate.  It was so fun watching them get excited about it.  We practiced our juggling skills, popcorn eating skills (does that count...you can get popcorn at a carnival right?), we baked & decorated sweets...


...painted faerie wings, & we even had a little visit from someone special...


...but we don't want to spill all the beans quite yet... 
...So be sure to mark your calendars for the 14th & get ready to have some fun!  Click on the links up there (or the button on my right-hand sidebar) to check out what it's all about & don't forget to play around her blog a bit...she makes the CUTEST CREATIONS!

And...her latest book, Altered Art Circus, just came out February 1st & it's on the top of my wish list, woo hoo.

-------------------------------------------------

Junque Drawer Chick is having a fabulous giveaway...so hop on over there to meet Ms. Cora & Ms. Willie.  You'll be glad you did (especially if you win ;-)  Don't forget who gave ya the hook up!

-------------------------------------------------

You must check out THIS VIDEO, from WorkoutMommy, if you need a good laugh!  It's only 25 seconds long and has a cute lil' (or big) fur-ball in it...what more could you ask for?

-------------------------------------------------

Click here for a magical post from the wonderful Miss V, over at 'A Fanciful Twist.'  She has the most positive outlook on life & always keeps me coming back for more. 

-------------------------------------------------

Last but not least, my wonderful SITSta, Tiffany, from The R Family Diaries, is giving away not 1, BUT 2 $100 Gift Cards to Target, just for checking out Fishful Thinking...a wonderful site with 'Activities, interactive tools, and helpful tips for keeping kids smiling through the ups and downs of life.'  Looks like a great site, especially for parents, so I'm off the check that out a bit more.

Oh & 'The Secret is in the Sauce,' had a makeover...what do you think?

------------------------------------------------

Okay, you've got some visits to make, so I'll let you go now...have a happy time!

Jaime

16 comments:

The Royal Family said...

those cupcakes and frosting looks good! Thanks for stopping by fellow sitsta!

Amariah said...

your post is making me hungry ;-)
Don't you just love snow days? I wish we would get some here.

Anonymous said...

Hi doll!!! This is a lovely wonderful visit - look at all the gooooooodnessss you girls have been up to!!! OH MY!!!

I want a fairy cake ;)

ps: I e-mailed you last night - and sadly, it bounced back, wahhhhh. Can you e-mail me the emergence e-mail addy again? xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

The book looks SO cool! Love it!

Tristan said...

Cute stuff! How fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a fun day! When can I come over and play? :)

Unknown said...

Those cupcakes look good!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Lots of fun to be had!!! What a fabulous way to spend the day with your girls :)

Tara Bennett said...

Mmmmm those cupcakes look delightful and so do the fairy wings! What a fab mom you are!!!

Thanks for all the great links. I like SITS' makeover. It's moer pleasing to the eye!

I wanted to tell you THANK YOU so much for the adorable gift tags. My husband opened them and threw away the packaging with your address, or I would be sending you a thank you card. Anyway, thank you again. I love them!!!

Anonymous said...

I like the new SITS site. It makes me want a makeover too, although i don't know exactly what i would do.

Those cupcakes look delish! I'm hungry....

We need to catch up soon. I'm having Cuz withdrawals.

Georgia Girl said...

Jamie...Sounds like you and your kids had a great snow day...it's gotta be good when cupcakes are involved...got any extra to share?

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

You must have been up all night doing this post! It's chock full of goodies! I can't wait to start clicking around the links! Love the carnival theme!

Nana said...

What great things!!

wendy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog -- your's is beautiful. It amazes me at the blogging talent (computer know how) some many of you have. I am so generic ----just learning --s--l--ooww-ly.

kristi said...

wow - you are busy today!!
I nominated you...check it out...
http://zuzugirlhandmade.blogspot.com/2009/03/id-like-to-thank-academy.html

nikkicrumpet said...

We need video of your juggling practice! My daughter sent me the sleep running dog video...it is so darn funny!!!