Please visit us at www.AForestFrolic.com. That would make me smile ear to ear :)

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Giddy for Christmas?

I made my Christmas wreath today...okay, okay I cheated a bit! I bought this pre-made wreath and added some holiday picks to jazz it up a bit. I couldn't help myself, I had all intentions to make a new one from scratch this year since my poor Santa one from the last couple of years needs to retire. We got out our Christmas decorations last weekend & I noticed that Santa had dreadlocks in his beard, which I'm pretty sure isn't the way Santa wears his beard. If there are any little elves out there that can prove me wrong, please give me a shout ;-)

I LOVE making wreaths & I wanted a white one but Michaels didn't have a plain white one so I had to make a sacrifice. And of course, impatient me couldn't wait to see if I could get a white one somewhere else, hehe. The Christmas bug has bitten me hard this year already and I'm itching to decorate now. Hmm, wonder if my HOA will write me up if I decorate tomorrow? Wonder if my husband will write me off if I decorate tomorrow?

Anyway, I put it up to snap a picture & was REALLY close to not taking it down, it was so cute up there on the door :-)
We also decided to have some fun with Amy Butler today, even though she never showed, hehe! We made a paper chain that we'll either put on the tree or use somewhere in the house for Christmas! We had to take it out back & have a little party to test it out though. Wish I had made it outside...there is glitter everywhere now & I just vaccumed. But glitter always seem to make life a little better so I guess it's okay!

And yes, we baked again...I don't know what has come over me!?! But this time, it was for two friends who've just had babies. It was so hard for K to make CHOCOLATE muffins and not eat one...but I bribed her with a swiss roll (which I never buy). I broke the number one rule of grocery shopping and went hungry and craving sweets, what can I say?

Is that a snowflake I see? Why yes, it is! It's snowing inside...hehe! Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Again, don't know what has come over me. I'm so ready for everything about Christmas time to be here.

And yes, those are Ghirardelli chocolate chips you see...mmm...my fav!


Anyone else giddy for Christmas & decorating early? I hope so, because I've got a holiday giveaway coming up, so don't forget to check back for a chance at some goodies!



Jaime

17 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

What a fun day! I am ready for Christmas, too! In fact, I am ready for it all year- lol!:) It's just such a special time. Your wreath looks amazing! Love the paper chains, too! And your little sweetie stirring- so precious... :) Lori

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING that wreath! You are so creative at so many things! And those paper chains? A-DORABLE! I bet your home looks fantastic for the holidays. :)

Aubrey said...

OMGosh! You are too funny! You rocked the wreath out! It looks great!
I was in a store yesterday just taking my time looking at ALL of the great ornaments. Several times I picked some up but put them all back because my hubby would have killed me! I haven't even started decorating for Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaime,
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I LOVE that beautiful white wreath! Looks to be chilly wherever you live, I wish it would cool down a bit here so I could really get into the spirit, but I LOVE CHRISTMAS and am very much so looking forward to it!
I'll read again soon,
Kelli

Amy said...

I looooove all things Christmas! I bring out all my goodies the day after Thanksgiving and they stay up until the New Year :) That wreath is awesome, good job! I love Etsy and I love reading interesting blogs... so looks like you're keeping me busy tonight! Thanks ;)

Anonymous said...

I love all these pictures! So Christmas inspired!!!

Tiffany said...

Great pictures! They looks so neat with the snow. I'm visiting from SITS. You have a great blog.

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

I love that Wreath. It came out awesome.

Unknown said...

OHHH, I am loving your wreath!!!! I am slacking on Christmas this year though! lol I did finally get out my Nutcrackers... maybe next I will make my new wreath after being soooooo inspired by yours!!!! =]

Catrina said...

It's so good to see that I'm not the only one dying to decorate already. I'm absolutely loving your wreath. I'm trying to come up with fun and creative ideas to decorate this year. Your good inspiration.

Unknown said...

Your new wreath looks great!

Unknown said...

Your wreath turned out beautifully!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh I love your wreath! I thought about spray painting one of my green ones since I didn't want to buy another one...Cookie dough looks yummy too!
I saw your chain the other day when I was on your page and thought I could do this so I am going to make it this week.

Free Art Printables said...

THe paper chain is so cute! What a great idea!

stephanie h said...

Everything looks great! I love the paper chain! I may have to steal that idea! :)

cherry said...

Hello came over from Sarahs...love your wreath and I ONLY use Ghiradelli as well. YUM. Love the paper chains. cherry

Anonymous said...

LOVE the post of your daughter with the snow! CUTE! How did you do that? And I love your photo on the right with the ribbon! I really need to take the time to figure out digital scrapbooking!