The Rules for the Award are as follows:
1. Mention the blog that gave you the award & comment on their blog when you post the award.
2. List 6 things you VALUE & 6 things you DON'T VALUE.
3. Then, pass the award onto 6 other blog buddies!
Easy, peasy...here goes...
Things I VALUE:
1. My FAMILY - my husband & all of his hard work and commitment to his daughters, our three precious girlies they are so sweet, Mimi & Papa, Oma & Opa, my grandparents, my cuz & cousins, brother, my sista ;-) & her cute little baby A, my b-i-l's, aunts, my big mama, & uncles...the list goes on. I've been very blessed to have a GREAT family that I am very close to! I value their opinions, their support & their love...hopefully one day they'll know just how much.
2. My FRIENDS - I have a ton of acquaintances & a handful of close girlfriends who I couldn't live without. I value our "girls nights," our chats & just being there for each other. I know it seems crazy but I've had my "bestest buddie in the whole wide world" since 2nd grade...and we are still going strong :-) Having true friends rocks!
3. Our HEALTH - Again, we've been pretty lucky as far as health goes. I value keeping the family active and trying to eat good to do our best to stay healthy.
4. Etsy, Scrapbooking & cardmaking - Love, love, love my favorite hobby: scrapbooking & cardmaking and love being able to sell my handmade cards on Etsy. I value the teams I'm on: EtsyMoms & EtsyBloggers because they are each a great group of people that are all about helping and promoting & I'm all about that too.
5. I value our HOME! - That we are so lucky to have a nice one with awesome neighbors and neighborhood. I actually just watched a couple of townhomes behind mine burn down today...very scary and sad. My heart is racing and it just makes me want to cry that such things happen to people. I know I am lucky and now will reach out to those families to help all that I can.
6. I value Love - that it can be real! My husband and I have been together 10 years and are still going strong! Even with three children we know that we always have to make time for each other to stay connected. Here's to 100 more years of marital bliss :-)
Things I DON'T VALUE:
1. Sickness & Diesease - Need I say more?
2. Rude/Mean People - It takes less muscles in your face to smile than it does to frown...so smile, smile, smile! Why do people feel the need to be mean & what could they possibly get out of it? Who knows, but I always make it a point to put a smile on my face and be friendly to other people (even if you aren't really feeling like it). Being considerate of others always makes me feel good too!
3. Rolled up jeans with two layers of brightly colored socks - Okay I can say this because I really did this in the late 80's or early 90's...I think, haha...hillarious!!
4. I don't like whining (but do like wine-ing :-) My biggest pet peev is when my girls whine. They've pretty much learned that it gets them no-where and hopefully they don't forget it.
5. I hate (and I never use that word) CLUTTERED Space. It makes me want to vomit! Our house is feeling a bit cluttered lately and I'm trying to get it organized. When I'm in a cluttered space it makes me anxious. I'm so bad that even when the kids are playing, they have to clean up one set of toys before they can get out another. I've tried the whole "mess up the room and clean it up all at once" thing and it just doesn't work for me....ahhhhhhh!
6. I also don't like a Bad Attitude. Not saying that I've never had one myself but I've come a long way and learned that it just doesn't fly. Refer to #2! It's easier to be positive and look at the bright side of things!
So now I'm supposed to pass this along to 6 friends. Here are some blogs that I've enjoyed reading and can't wait to see what they value! Click on their name to check em' out...
Elements by Julie
Cinnamon & Spice Crafts
The Copper Cauldron