Please visit us at www.AForestFrolic.com. That would make me smile ear to ear :)

Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday...



...to my oldest "baby" girl! She turned 8 over the weekend and I can't believe it. My girls are growing up before my very eyes... way too fast. I'm sure you mothers know what I'm talking about. It's like one day, they are your baby...and the next, they are all "grown up." It's fun to watch but also sad to think how fast the time flies.

On to the fun stuff...we got a room at the Marriott and had a couple of her girlfriends join us for a slumber party...what fun! We stopped off at a fun pizza joint to celebrate with pizza & cake first, then the girls swam, got mani/pedi's, made jewelry, had a neon light show with glow in the dark sticks, and watched a little tv before crashing around 11pm. Thanks to cousin DH & Fam in California for giving us this idea! And thanks to LA for helping me out so much, I couldn't have done it without you!

I loved it because my house didn't get messed up and the girls had so much fun. The best part I think was the wonderful breakfast buffet the next morning. The girls totally felt like princesses with all three of their drinks (smoothie, OJ, & water) in front of them, hehe. And suprisingly the room didn't look like a tornado hit it when we left.

So don't know if anyone else has done this for a birthday party but I'd love to hear your stories...I'm always up for good party ideas (and I'll need a lot since I've got three girls and now this to live up to :-)

I'm in the b-day mood, so I'm off the make some more cards for my Etsy shop. Hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day!

Jaime

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Came over from SITS....hi from a fellow stamper and card maker. Pretty stuff! Oh, and happy bday to your daughter. Great pix!

Tabitha Blue said...

Looks like SO much fun!!!! I can't wait to do something like this with my little one, when she's old enough. Such a perfect idea for girls!!!! My parents did this for me years ago when I was young, and it's one of my fondest birthday memories, so I know your girl will relish that day!!!!

LOVE your blog, it's gorgeous!!!! The colors are just beautiful and cheery! :) It brightens my day to just see it!!

~Tabitha

Sandy said...

I just stopped by from SITS. Very nice blog! I'll came visit again.

Mom said...

Oh what an awesome idea! I normally have slumber parties here at the house every year. Then when the last kid goes home and I look at the mess I swear I'll never do it again.

Sandra said...

Came over from SITS. Nice blog. Your kids are beautiful! I just gave you an award.

@TiffanyRom said...

Welcome to SITS!

My boy turns 8 the Saturday.. we are doing a Jedi training camp.

Mc Allen said...

aww, sweet times. I have 4 girls and we have done it all . Last year for my 6 yo we went to justus and took 6 of her besties. They have diff themes and we did princes. they did hair, makeup, nails, and they got to have a sweet goody bag and keep all the products they used. She still talks about it. Ive wanted to do the hotel girly thing, I was thinking maybe for my twins;) Im glad ya'll had a great time and cute pics. Leah 5girls1boy.blogspot.com

FROGGITY! said...

wow, 8 years old! the years really do fly by, i know what you mean.

you sure look great to have had 3 little girls! what's your secret?
you go girl!

Sara said...

She is adorable! They grow up so fast! That sounds so cute!! I sometimes want to try for just one more so I can maybe get a girl.. but then I really think about it... boys are WILD.. I couldn't handle four!!